Montag, 24. Januar 2011

Thailand - island hoping


After a whlole day of travelling, 3 different flights, I finally arrive in Koh Samui. Thailand is so different from India – I already miss the chaos, noises, smells, people of India – Thailand is clean, organized, friendly – amazing and exotic.

First stop is Koh Samui, where me and a friend rent a scooter and explore the island with its temples, local markets, elephant rides, beaches – very nice.

Big Budda statue in Koh Samui

coast of Koh Samui

at the local market I found some culinary hightlights: bugs and frogs


And then I am off to Koh Phangan, where I found another little paradise: the Sanctuary http://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/koh-phangan


I arrive in Koh Phangan and because of the Full moon party there are no rooms available, so the owner of one guesthouse (Beams) offers me to stay on the balcony of the guesthouse – I accepted happily and slept my 1st night in Koh Phangan under the sky with a huge full moon – it was great.

The next day I moved into the dorm room and shared the room with 15 other people from a circus – this circus collects money with their performances to help refugee children in the North of Thailand – really nice people and great fire shows.

my dorm

a little visitor, we called him Papaya bird
Next stop is Koh Tao, where I was doing a 2-day free diving course - remember the movie: The Big Blue: http://www.apnea-total.com/en/koh-tao . I loved every single moment!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen