Freitag, 25. Februar 2011

Indonesian adventures...



I am in love with Bali’s nature, architecture and people.

Indonesia is an interesting place to visit – here they have ‘very’ pink and yellow chickens, eat Vegetarians (see ‘Mie Goreng’) and they like to eat very colourful, sweet soups, called ‘Es campur’- it’s a fruit soup with jelly stuff inside but it is indeed very yammie.





My first stop is the town of Ubud – remember the book ‘Eat, pray, love’ – yes, here it was where the main character found ‘love’...

Ubud is perched on the gentle slopes leading up towards the central mountains. It’s has a rich culture and many activities to offer. Besides the very popular dance-and-music shows, there are numerous courses on offer that allow you to become fully immersed in Balinese culture. I decided to take Jambay lessons – you can see me here with my dear teacher Gusti.




Around Ubud are temples, ancient sites and whole villages producing handicrafts. Ubud is surrounded by unspoiled countryside, with lush rice paddies and towering coconut trees. 



Everyone is really friendly, happy and smiling here...




...and hard-working.


I am staying in a guesthouse with a lovely, young Balinese family. Winda, the woman of the house, is making the best banana pancakes ever. My room is really nice and has a big balcony where I can do my own yoga practise.

on my balcony - behind me is the family temple

my home in Ubud

this is the front of the guesthouse

this is the backyard, my room is on the top, left side

the view from my balcony

There is also a small forest with lots of monkeys in Ubud and beautiful, huge Banyan trees.





Today I am leaving Ubud, after I spent a week here, it’s time to hit the road again, explore more of Bali, Lombok and the Gili Islands.

Sending you lot’s of smiles and hugs,
Eylin

2 Kommentare:

  1. Eylin! It looks like you are living life to the fullest - Bali looks fab! I love looking at your pictures and read your stories :) Keep posting!

    Hugs,
    Kjersti

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great pictures! I love following you on your adventure! Enjoy! towe.

    AntwortenLöschen