Sonntag, 3. April 2011

From Sikhs to Monks - From Sikhism to Buddhism


After 4 days in Amritsar, it was time to say good-bye and take a bus to Dharamsala. 

Change of scenery: back to the mountains.

Spring in the North of India.

Dharamkot - mountain village.
Dharamsala is situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh – the land of eternal snow peaks. No wonder that I got sick right away, from 30 degrees to almost 0 degrees during the nights – my body went on strike. After a few days of rest I finally was able to explore the new area I was living in. Everything here is very different from what I have seen before: there are lots of monks, prayer flags, mountains with snow peaks and wide, green grass fields. The best is, it’s spring here and everything is blooming right now. It’s really beautiful.

Prayer flags on a forest walk.

Dalai Lama temple.





Most of my time I am running in between 3 villages: McLeod Ganj (4 km above Dharamsala). It’s the headquarters of the Tibetan Government in Exile and residence of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama (which I haven’t seen so far). The other 2 villages are: Dharamkot (where I am staying at, in a cute, little guesthouse :) and Bhagsu.

I am doing yoga almost daily with my yoga teacher from Goa, who has a yoga place here as well. And I have done a 2 days hike to Triund with an overnight stay in the mountains (2900m) and also went to the snow line.

Triund mountain





A tea shop.
In a few days it’s time to go on the road again – next stop will be Rishikesh, the Yoga Capital of the World on the banks of the Ganges. I am very much looking forward to go there…

I hope you are all well and spring has started in Europe as well.
Sunshine greetings to all of you.
Yours, Eylin

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hey!

    So nice to get a mail saying you have posted something. Such a nice break reading your stories and looking at the pictures. I am getting more and more jealous for every post I read!

    Keep sharing!

    Hugs :)
    Kjersti

    AntwortenLöschen